[Python-Dev] Cookies.py in the core

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:06:20 -0700

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 10:41:02PM -0400, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 06:10:33PM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> >> Why not just
> >> ask Tim O'Malley to change the licence in return for getting it added
> >> to the core?
> >Excellent idea.  Go for it!
>
> Mail to timo@bbn.com bounces; does anyone have a more recent e-mail
> address?  What we do if he can't be located?  Add the module anyway,
> abandon the idea, or write a new version?

If we can't contact him, then I'd be quite happy to assist in designing and
writing a new one under a BSD-ish or Public Domain license. I was
considering doing exactly that just last week :-)

[ I want to start using cookies in ViewCVS; while the LGPL is "fine" for me,
  it would be nice if the whole ViewCVS package was BSD-ish ]

Of course, I'd much rather get a hold of Tim.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/