[Python-Dev] Fork on Win32 - was (test_fork1 failing...)

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:35:01 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

>    IIRC ActiveState contributed to Perl a version of fork that works on
> Win32. Has anyone looked at this? Could it be grabbed for Python? This would
> help heal one of the more difficult platform rifts. Emulating fork for Win32
> looks quite difficult to me but if its already done...

Sigh. Me tired.

The message I posted a few minutes ago was actually referring to the
system() work, not the fork() work.  I agree that the fork() emulation
isn't Pythonic.

--david