[Python-Dev] Cookies.py in the core (was Tangent to Re: [Tutor] CGI and Python (fwd))

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:37:50 -0400 (EDT)

Guido van Rossum writes:
 > I think Cookie.py is for server-side management of cookies, not for
 > client-side.  Do we need client-side cookies too????

  I think this would be highly desirable; we've seen enough requests
for it on c.l.py.

Moshe Zadka writes:
 > Not until we write a high-level interface to urllib which is similar
 > to the Perlish UserAgent module -- which is something that should
 > be done if Python wants to be a viable clients-side langugage.

  Exactly!  It has become very difficult to get anything done on the
Web without enabling cookies, and simple "screen scraping" tools need
to have this support as well.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>