[Python-Dev] More Non-Bugs

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 13:21:47 +0200

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 02:05:06PM +0300, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Thomas Wouters wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 01:16:40PM +0300, Moshe Zadka wrote:

> > > Bug 110651 -- re.compile('[\\200-\\400]') segfaults -- it doens't for me

> > You can close bugs now, right, Moshe?

> I can, but to tell the truth, after what Tim posted here about closing
> bugs, I'd appreciate a few more eyeballs before I close them.

That's why I forward the message to the original submittor. The list of bugs
is now so insanely large that it's pretty unlikely a large number of
eyeballs will caress them. Marking them closed (or atleast marking them
*something*, like moving them to the right catagory) and forwarding the
summary to the submittor is likely to have them re-check the bug.

Tim was talking about 'closing it without reason', without knowing why it
should be closed. 'Works for me' is a valid reason to close the bug, if you
have the same (kind of) platform, can't reproduce the bug and have a strong
suspicion it's already been fixed. (Which is pretty likely, if the bugreport
is old.)

> BTW: Does anyone know if SF has an e-mail notification of bugs, similar
> to that of patches? If so, enabling it to send mail to a mailing list
> similar to patches@python.org would be cool -- it would enable much more
> peer review.

I think not, but I'm not sure. It's probably up to the project admins to set
that, but I think if they did, they'd have set it before. (Then again, I'm
not sure if it's a good idea to set it, yet... I bet the current list is
going to be quickly cut down in size, and I'm not sure if I want to see all
the notifications! :) But once it's running, it would be swell.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>