[Python-Dev] switch to ANSI C (was: baby steps for free-threading)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:05:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     GvR> Actually, it's okay to do this on an "as-neeed" basis.  I'm
>     GvR> also in favor of changing all the K&R code to ANSI, and
>     GvR> getting rid of Py_PROTO and friends.  Cleaner code!
>
> I agree, and here's yet another plea for moving to 4-space indents in
> the C code.  For justification, look at the extended call syntax hacks
> in ceval.c.  They essentially /use/ 4si because they have no choice!
>
> Let's clean it up in one fell swoop!  Obviously not for 1.6.  I
> volunteer to do all three mutations.

Why not for 1.6? These changes are pretty brain-dead ("does it compile?")
and can easily be reviewed.

If somebody out there happens to have the time to work up ANSI C patches,
then why refuse them?

Cheers,
-g

--