[Python-Dev] Pasting interpreter prompts

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:03:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Has anybody noticed that this is NOT a problem in IDLE?

Certainly.  This was one of the first problems i solved when
writing my console script, too.  (Speaking of that, i still
can't find auto-completion in IDLE -- is it in there?)

But: startup time, startup time.  I'm not going to wait to
start IDLE every time i want to ask Python a quick question.

Hey, i just tried it and actually it doesn't work.  I mean,
yes, sys.ps2 is missing, but that still doesn't mean you can
select a whole line and paste it.  You have to aim very
carefully to start dragging from the fourth column.

> So I don't think a solution is necessary -- and as was shown, the
> simple hacks don't really work.

I don't think this was shown at all.

-- ?!ng