[Python-Dev] Object customization (was: Arbitrary attributes on funcs and methods)

Fri, 14 Apr 2000 11:29:34 -0500 (CDT)

    Paul> I posted a proposal a few days back that does not use the "."
    Paul> SetAttr syntax and is clearly distinguisable (visually and by the
    Paul> compiler) from runtime property assignment.

    Paul> http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2000-April/004875.html

    Paul> The response was light but positive...

Paul,

I have a question.  Given the following example from your note:

    decl {type:"def(myint: int) returns bar",
	  french_doc:"Bonjour",
	  english_doc: "Hello"}
    def func( myint ):
	    return bar()

how is the compiler supposed to associate a particular "decl {...}" with a
particular function?  Is it just by order in the file?

--
Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/