[Python-Dev] Object customization (was: Arbitrary attributes on funcs and methods)

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 01:23:40 -0400 (EDT)

    FL> so it's no longer an experimental feature, it's a "static
    FL> variables" thing?

    FL> umm.  I had nearly changed my mind to a "okay, if you insist
    FL> +1", but now it's back to -1 again.  maybe in Py3K...

C'mon!  Most people are still going to just use module globals for
function statics because they're less to type (notwithstanding the
sometimes-optional global decl).  You can't worry about all the novel
abuses people will think up for this feature -- they're already doing
it with all sorts of other things Pythonic, e.g. docstrings, global as
pragma, etc.

Can I get at least a +0? :)

-Barry