[Python-Dev] Re: CVS: python/dist/src/Python sysmodule.c,2.59,2.60

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:15:14 +0200

> I can imagine a remote possibility of more than 9 pre-releases
> (counting from 1), but not more than 15 (since PY_RELEASE_SERIAL has
> to fit in 4 bits)

or rather, "I can imagine a remote possibility of more than 5 =
pre-releases
(counting from 1), but not more than 9 (since PY_RELEASE_SERIAL has to
fit in a single decimal digit"?

in the very unlikely case that I'm wrong, feel free to break the glass
and install the following patch:

#define PY_RELEASE_LEVEL_DESPAIR 0xD
#define PY_RELEASE_LEVEL_EXTRAMUNDANE 0xE
#define PY_RELEASE_LEVEL_FINAL 0xF /* Serial should be 0 here */

</F>