[Python-Dev] Crash in new "trashcan" mechanism.

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:14:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Christian Tismer wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:
> > Option 4: lose the trashcan mechanism. I don't think the free-threading
> > issue was ever resolved.
>
> Option 5: Forget about free threading, change trashcan in a way
> that it doesn't change the order of destruction, doesn't need
> memory at all, and therefore does not change anything if it is
> disabled in debug mode.

hehe... :-)

Definitely possible. Seems like you could just statically allocate an
array of PyObject* and drop the pointers in there (without an INCREF or
anything). Place them there, in order. Dunno about the debug stuff, and
how that would affect it.

Cheers,
-g

--