[Python-Dev] #pragmas in Python source code

esr@thyrsus.com esr@thyrsus.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:56:38 -0400

Ka-Ping Yee <ping@lfw.org>:
> > XML?
>
> Don't get me started.  XML is not a language.  It's a serialization
> format for trees (isomorphic to s-expressions, but five times more
> verbose).  It has no semantics.  Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise
> is probably a marketing drone or has been brainwashed by the buzzword
> brigade.

Heh.  What he said.  Squared.

Describing XML as a "language" around an old-time LISPer like me (or a
new-time one like Ping) is a damn good way to get your eyebrows singed.
--

  "...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."
[...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.]