[Python-Dev] #pragmas in Python source code

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:45:15 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>  > Or do we need to separate out two categories of pragmas --
>  > pre-parse and post-parse pragmas?
>
>   Eeeks!  We don't need too many special forms!  That's ugly!

Eek indeed.  I'm tempted to suggest we drop the multiple-encoding
issue (i can hear the screams now).  But you're right, i've never
heard of another language that can handle configurable encodings
right in the source code.  Is it really necessary to tackle that here?

Gak, what do Japanese programmers do?  Has anyone seen any of that
kind of source code?

-- ?!ng