[Python-Dev] httplib again (was: Getting ready for 1.6 alpha 2)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 11:57:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I'm getting ready for the release of alpha 2.  Tomorrow afternoon
> (around 5:30pm east coast time) I'm going on vacation for the rest of
> the week, followed by a business trip most of the week after.
>
> Obviously, I'm anxious to release a solid alpha tomorrow.
>
> Please, send only simple or essential patches between now and the
> release date!

Jeremy reminded me that my new httplib.py is still pending integration.
There are two possibilities:

1) My httplib.py uses a new name, or goes into a "net" package. We check
   it in today, and I follow up with patches to fold in post-1.5.2
   compatibility items (such as the SSL stuff).

2) httplib.py will remain in the same place, so the compat changes must
   happen first.

In both cases, I will also need to follow up with test and doc.

IMO, we go with "net.httplib" and check it in today.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/