[Python-Dev] the regression test suite

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 20:40:03 +0200 (CEST)

My kitchen programs show that regrtest.py keeps requesting more and
more memory until it finishes all tests. IOW, it doesn't finalize
properly each test. It keeps importing modules, without deleting them
after each test. I think that before a particular test is run, we need to
save the value of sys.modules, then restore it after the test (before
running the next one). In a module enabled interpreter, this reduces
the memory consumption almost by half...

Patch?

Think about the number of new tests that will be added in the future.
I don't want to tolerate a silently approaching useless disk swapping :-)

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr