[Python-Dev] Heads up: socket.connect() breakage ahead

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:11:02 +0200

Fred L. Drake wrote:
> Skip Montanaro writes:
>  > arguments: host and port.  It never occurred to me that there would =
even be
>  > a one-argument version.  After all, why look at the docs for help =
if what
>  > you're doing already works?
>=20
>   And it never occurred to me that there would be two args; I vaguely
> recall the C API having one argument (a structure).  Ah, well.  I've
> patched up the documents to warn those who expect intuitive APIs.  ;)

while you're at it, and when you find the time, could you perhaps
grep for "pair" and change places which use "pair" to mean a tuple
with two elements to actually say "tuple" or "2-tuple"...

after all, numerous people have claimed that stuff like "a pair
(host, port)" isn't enough to make them understand that "pair"
actually means "tuple".

unless pair refers to a return value, of course.

and only if the function doesn't use the optional argument
syntax, of course.

etc.

(I suspect they're making it up as they go, but that's another
story...)

</F>=20