[Python-Dev] DLL in the system directory on Windows.

Gordon McMillan gmcm@hypernet.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:10:38 -0400

[Gordon]
> > Some time ago Tim and I said that the place for a DLL that is
> > intimately tied to an EXE is in the EXE's directory.
[Guido]
> But the conclusion seems to be that python1x.dll is not closely tied
> to python.exe -- it may be invoked via COM.

Right.

> Where should I put tk83.dll etc.?  In the Python\DLLs directory, where
> _tkinter.pyd also lives?

Won't work (unless there are some tricks in MSVC 6 I don't
know about). Assuming no one is crazy enough to use Tk in a
COM server, (or rather, that their insanity need not be catered
to), then I'd vote for the directory where python.exe and
pythonw.exe live.

- Gordon