[Python-Dev] New Features in Python 1.6

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:28:48 -0400

[Greg Ward, fesses up]
> Hasn't anyone noticed that the largest amount of text in the joke
> feature list was devoted to the Distutils?  I thought *that* would
> give it away "fer shure".  You people are *so* gullible!  ;-)

Me too!  My first suspect was me, but for the life of me, me couldn't
remember writing that.  You were only second on me list (it had to be one of
us, as nobody else could have described legitimate Python features as if
they had been implemented in Perl <0.9 wink>).

> And for my next trick... *poof*!

Nice try.  You're not only not invisible, I've posted your credit card info
to a hacker list.

crushing-guido's-enemies-cuz-he's-too-much-of-a-wuss-ly y'rs  - tim