Hard to believe (was Re: [Python-Dev] New Features in Python 1.6)

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Sun, 02 Apr 2000 15:53:12 +0200

Peter Funk wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Guido van Rossum on april 1st:

[turns into a Perli for a moment - well done! ]

> Since www.python.org happens to be down at that moment, I was unable to check,
> whether my CVS tarball I downloaded from Davids starship account
> was recent enough and whether this single-quote-defaults-to-unicode
> has been discussed earlier before I got subscribed to python-dev.  Better
> I should have read on first, before starting to wonder...

You should not give up when python.org is down.
As a fallback, I used to use www.cwi.nl which appears
to be quite up-to-date.
You can find the files and the *true* change list at

http://www.cwi.nl/www.python.org/1.6/

Note that today is April 2, so you may believe me

at-least-not-less-than-usually - ly y'rs - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>