[Python-Dev] Walking up the package hierarchy

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:26:11 +0100 (NFT)

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Strange... I would have thought that this new patch would stir up
> some cheers or opposition. Has anyone tried it in some real apps ?

Not yet, but this looks better as a default search path.

> It would be interesting to see whether it breaks any code in e.g.
> packages such as Pmw, PIL, Zope's packages or NumPy. It doesn't
> break anything for my packages or apps.

JimF, /F, Guido and other package maintainers could do you a favor
by trying your patch ;-) and give us some real feedback on this.

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr