[Python-Dev] an alternative language for CP4E, perhaps?

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 10:57:21 -0400

>     OVERLEEFD!

Ach!  Wish I was there!

> > http://www.cobolscript.com/
> >
> >     "[COBOL's] just a language whose superiority for
> >     developing certain types of modern systems has
> >     been overlooked until now"

> The whole site sort-of makes me wonder whether this is one big
> elaborate joke.  But if it is somebody put an incredible amount of
> work in it.

Definitely a joke.  Try

http://www.cobolscript.com/csfaq.htm#question9

"One of the other advantages of COBOL is that COBOL file processing
statements are very simple, with no knowledge of disk head positioning
required."

But yes, an incredibly good one!  Worth filling out the form on the
"contact us page" and seeing what they send back.