[Python-Dev] another round of imputil work completed

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:43:50 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Greg Stein wrote:
> Well... since I've satisfied to myself that PathImporter needs to load
> dynamic lib modules, I'm off to code it...

All right. imputil.py now comes with code to emulate the builtin Python
import mechanism. It loads all the same types of files, uses sys.path, and
(pointed out by JimA) loads builtins before looking on the path.

The only "feature" it doesn't support is using package.__path__ to look
for submodules. I never liked that thing, so it isn't in there.
(imputil *does* set the __path__ attribute, tho)

Code is available at:

   http://www.lyra.org/greg/python/imputil.py

Next step is to add a "standard" library/archive format. JimA and I have
been tossing some stuff back and forth on this.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/