[Python-Dev] Another 1.6 wish

Asbahr, Jason Jasbahr@origin.EA.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:59:11 -0600

My first Python-Dev post.  :-)

>We had some discussion a while back about enabling thread support by
>default, if the underlying OS supports it obviously.

What's the consensus about Python microthreads -- a likely candidate
for incorporation in 1.6 (or later)?

Also, we have a couple minor convenience functions for Python in an
MSDEV environment, an exposure of OutputDebugString for writing to
the DevStudio log window and a means of tripping DevStudio C/C++ layer
breakpoints from Python code (currently experimental).  The msvcrt
module seems like a likely candidate for these, would these be
welcome additions?

Thanks,

Jason Asbahr
Origin Systems, Inc.