[Python-Dev] Apache process (was: Python 1.6 status)

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 22:31:38 -0500

[Greg]
> Somebody proposes that a person is added to the list of people with
> checkin privileges. If nobody else in the group vetoes that, then
? they're in ...

[Guido]
> This makes sense, but I have one concern: if somebody who isn't liked
> very much (say a capable hacker who is a real troublemaker) asks for
> privileges, would people veto this?

It seems that a key point in Greg's description is that people don't propose
*themselves* for checkin.  They have to talk someone else into proposing
them.  That should keep Endang out of the running for a few years <wink>.

After that, I care more about their code than their personalities.  If the
stuff they check in is good, fine; if it's not, lock 'em out for direct
cause.

> I'd be reluctant to go on record as veto'ing a particular person.

Secret Ballot run off a web page -- although not so secret you can't see who
voted for what <wink>.