Internal Format (Re: [Python-Dev] Internationalization Toolkit)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 10:22:17 -0500 (EST)

Fredrik Lundh writes:
 > having been there and done that, I strongly suggest
 > a third option: a 16-bit unsigned integer, in platform
 > specific byte order (PY_UNICODE_T).  along all other

  I actually like this best, but I understand that there are reasons
for using wchar_t, especially for interfacing with other code that
uses Unicode.
  Perhaps someone who knows more about the specific issues with
interfacing using wchar_t can summarize them, or point me to whatever
I've already missed.  p-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>