[Python-Dev] 'stackless' python?

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Wed May 19 03:10:15 CEST 1999

Tim Peters wrote:

> > Continuations involving only Python stack frames might be supported,
> > if we can agree on the the sharing / copying semantics.  This is where
> > I don't know enough see questions at #2 above).
>
> I'd like to go back to examples of what they'd be used for <wink> -- but
> fully fleshed out.  In the absence of Scheme's ubiquitous lexical closures
> and "lambdaness" and syntax-extension facilities, I'm unsure they're going
> to work out reasonably in Python practice; it's not enough that they can be
> very useful in Scheme, and Sam is highly motivated to go to extremes here.
>
> give-me-a-womb-and-i-still-won't-give-birth-ly y'rs  - tim

I've put quite many hours into a non-recursive ceval.c
already. Should I continue? At least this would be a little
improvement, also if the continuation thing will not be born. ?

- chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net