[Python-Dev] Tcl 8.1's regexp code

Greg Stein gstein at lyra.org
Wed May 5 08:22:20 CEST 1999

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Tim Peters wrote:
> Question:  has this package been released in any other context, or is it
> unique to Tcl?  I searched in vain for an announcement (let alone code) from
> Henry, or any discussion of this code outside the Tcl world.

Apache uses it.

However, the Apache guys have considered possibility updating the thing. I
gather that they have a pretty old snapshot. Another guy mentioned PCRE
and I pointed out that Python uses it for its regex support. In other
words, if Apache *does* update the code, then it may be that Apache will
drop the HS engine in favor of PCRE.

Cheers,
-g

--