[Python-Dev] Re: ob_refcnt access (fwd)

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov at inrialpes.fr
Fri Jun 25 13:27:43 CEST 1999

FYI, my second message on this issue didn't reach the list because
of a stupid error of mine, so Guido and I exchanged two mails
in private. His response to the msg below was that he thinks
that tweaking the refcount scheme at this level wouldn't contribute
much and that he doesn't intend to change anything on this until 2.0
which will be rewritten from scratch.

Besides, if I want to satisfy my curiosity in hacking the refcounts
I can do it with a small patch because I've already located the places
where the ob_refcnt slot is accessed directly.