[Python-Dev] String methods... finally

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Jun 12 11:13:59 CEST 1999

>     FL> fwiw, the Unicode module available from pythonware.com
>     FL> implements them all, and more importantly, it can be com-
>     FL> piled for either 8-bit or 16-bit characters...
>
> Are these separately available?  I don't see them under downloads.
> Send me a URL, and if I can figure out how to get CVS to add files to
> the branch :/, maybe I can check this in so people can play with it.

it's under:
http://www.pythonware.com/madscientist/index.htm

but I've teamed up with Mark H. to update the stuff
a bit, test it with his CE port, and produce a set of
patches.  I'm working on this in this very moment.

btw, as for the "missing methods in the string type"
issue, my suggestion is to merge the source code into
a unified string module, which is compiled twice (or
three times, the day we find that we need a 32-bit
string type).  don't waste any time cutting and
pasting until we've sorted that one out...

</F>