[Python-Dev] ActiveState & fork & Perl

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Tue Jun 8 03:38:38 CEST 1999

[/F]
> http://www.computerworld.com/home/print.nsf/all/990531AAFA
>
> which was just my way of saying that "did he perhaps
> refer to OS X ?".
>
> or are they adding real threads to good old MacOS too?

Dragon is doing a port of its speech recog software to "good old MacOS" and
"OS X", and best we can tell the former is as close to an impossible target
as we've ever seen.  OS X looks like a pleasant romp, in comparison.  I
don't think they're going to do anything with "good old MacOS" except let it
die.

it-was-a-reasonable-architecture-15-years-ago-ly y'rs  - tim