[Python-Dev] Paul Prescod: add Expat to 1.6

Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:54:14 -0400 (EDT)

    Skip> Amen to that.  See Guido's note and my response regarding soundex
    Skip> in the Doc-SIG.  Perhaps you could get away with a very small core
    Skip> distribution that only contained the stuff necessary to pull
    Skip> everything else from the net via http or ftp...

    Jack> I don't know whether this subject belongs on the python-dev list
    Jack> (is there a separate distutils list?), but let's please be very
    Jack> careful with this. The Perl people apparently think that their
    Jack> auto-install stuff is so easy to use ...

I suppose I should have added a <0.5 wink> to my note.  Still, knowing what
Guido does and doesn't feel comfortable with in the core distribution would
be a good start at seeing where we might like the core to wind up.

Skip Montanaro	| http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
518-372-5583