[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib getopt.py,1.7,1.8

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:01:16 -0500

> I'd say kill -X, but keep allowing string exceptions if
> it doesn't cost too much. I think of C++, like Gordon said.

Agreed.

> Also I'd take the chance and move the exceptions Python
> module back into the core, as a frozen mdule or whatever.
>
> Reason: At the moment, the CVS version of the Python library
> is incompatible to 1.5.2, which makes testing against the
> standard dist quite inconvenient. A compiled CVS Python
> does not run under PythonWin when I put it into my standard
> installation. Or is there an easy way to switch all settings
> to a completely different path?

Point the PYTHONHOME variable to the top of your install directory.
(On Windows you may have to kill the registry settings -- this is a
bug.)

> Anyway, I'm most probably off until Y2K.

Ditto.

> See ya all then, provided we survive - chris

Best wishes to all,