[Python-Dev] Batteries Included?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:50:32 +0100

> IMHO the "much simpler freezing process" is archive files.  A simple
> script can build them, imputil can import them, and the only
> remaining problem is to find them.  Please see:

Archive files solves the problem for Python modules. But that leaves the
problem of dynamically loaded modules. And resources for dialogs and such, if
you use native GUI stuff on Mac or Windows.

And most serious applications that I've seen (GRiNS and Zope, to name two,
Mailman is the only exception I can think of) depend on non-standard plugin
modules.