[Python-Dev] Thankyou for fsync :)

Gordon McMillan gmcm@hypernet.com
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:06:59 -0500

Fred wrote:

> Gordon McMillan writes:
>  > It's in the other O'Reilly POSIX book, p 348 of POSIX.4.
>
>   Ah, I don't have that either.  I thought POSIX.4 was real-time
> stuff.

Well, it says it is, but having done some stuff with automated
warehouses, I'm always amazed at how people will use the
term "real-time". I'd say "pretty likely to be responsive" ;-).

>   (If anyone wants to send a copy along, I'd be glad to consider
> adding reasonable interfaces for Python. ;)

Only around 70 documented functions, but many of them
appear to be tweaks, or redocumenting stuff in view of new
kernel behaviors.

- Gordon