[Python-Dev] Re: .DLL vs .PYD search order

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 14:23:31 +0100

> > I see the magic cookies as a poor man's (but more compatible!) version
> > of a chain of importers as advocated by Greg Stein and other imputil
> > fans. [...]
>
> I know this has been asked before, but cannot recall
> any of the arguments against it: how about replacing
> Jack's magic cookies with importer objects?

For the record: I definitely agree with both comments here. The only thing
that would need solving (but maybe it already is? Greg?) is the external
representation of an importer, as I'd definitely want to be able to name them
in PYTHONPATH (or the mac equivalent).