[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS log messages with diffs

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 23:24:03 -0500 (EST)

Okay folks, I think I've got the diff thing working now.  The trick
(for you CVS heads) was that you can't do a `cvs diff' while you're
executing a loginfo script.  Lock contention (repeat after me: "I Love
CVS!").  Anyway, let's see how you all like it.

Note that based on a suggestion by Greg Stein, seconded by GvR, I do
not send out the entire diff of every file (which could potentially be
huge).  I send out 20 lines from the head of the diff and 20 lines
from the tail, and suppress everything inbetween.  Those numbers can
be easily tweaked, and I'm not sure what the ideal is.  Let's see what
the emails look like when stuff starts getting checked in.

Enjoy,
-Barry