[Python-Dev] Portable "spawn" module for core?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:52:29 +0200

Hmm, if we're talking a "Python Make" or some such here the best way
would probably be to use Tool Server. Tool Server is a thing that is
based on Apple's old MPW programming environment, that is still
supported by compiler vendors like MetroWerks.

The nice thing of Tool Server for this type of work is that it _is_
command-line based, so you can probably send it things like
  spawn("cc", "-O", "test.c")

But, although I know it is possible to do this with ToolServer, I
haven't a clue on how to do it...