[Python-Dev] mmapfile module

Fred L. Drake, Jr. Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 10:44:35 -0400 (EDT)

Mark Hammond writes:
 > Apart from possibly Tim's recent "UnboundLocalError" (which is the only
 > serious behaviour change) I can't see anything that should obviously be

  Since UnboundLocalError is a subclass of NameError (what you got
before) normally, and they are the same string when -X is used, this
only represents a new name in the __builtin__ module for legacy code.
This should not be a problem; the only real difference is that, using
class exceptions for built-in exceptions, you get more useful
information in your tracebacks.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>