[Python-Dev] mmapfile module

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 22:26:06 -0400

[Andrew M. Kuchling]
> I suppose this leads to a more important question: at what point
> should we start checking 1.6-only things into the CVS tree?  For
> example, once the current alphas of the re module are up to it
> (they're not yet), when should they be checked in?

I'd like to see a bugfix release of 1.5.2 put out first, then have at it.
There are several bugfixes that ought to go out ASAP.  Thread tstate races,
the cpickle/cookie.py snafu, and playing nice with current Tcl/Tk pop to
mind immediately.  I'm skeptical that anyone other than Guido could decide
what *needs* to go out, so it's a good thing he's got nothing to do <wink>.

one-boy's-opinion-ly y'rs  - tim