[Python-Dev] Buffer interface in abstract.c?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 03 Aug 1999 16:45:25 +0200

> > Why not pass the index to the As*Buffer routines as well and make getsegcount
> > available too?
>
> Simply because multiple segments hasn't been seen. All objects
> supporting the buffer interface have a single segment.

Hmm. And I went out of my way to include this stupid multi-buffer stuff
because the NumPy folks said they couldn't live without it (and one of the
reasons for the buffer stuff was to allow NumPy arrays, which may be
discontiguous, to be written efficiently).

Can someone confirm that the Numeric stuff indeed doesn't use this?