[Python-cuba] [RFC] Recommended dates to schedule events (in Cuba) May 2017

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue May 10 23:26:29 EDT 2016

jftr http://www.pycon.org/

> I would say March or September, because the summer has a major conference
> every month.... that helps you get some people who often go to a lot of
> conferences and not burn them out. Make sense?

Sometimes people can only travel on holidays. Hence my initial idea
considered another *tactic* decision , consisting in scheduling it
close to PyCon US 2017 so that people traveling from South America to
attend PyCon US could spend few days in Cuba, attend the conference,
and continue to the North .

The other option would be to do exactly the opposite . Schedule it
after PyCon US so that people from South (returning) and North America
could attend the conference after PyCon US .

The other aspect I'd consider is related to school breaks , which
particularly useful for couples planning family trips . Some date
close to spring or summer breaks [1]_ would be nice .

Any other variables to consider ?

.. [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_holidays_in_the_United_States

[...]

--