[Python-cuba] Going forwards

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jun 25 19:55:06 CEST 2015

Josephine,

Thank you for your input. I'm sorry I didn't have time to adequately respond earlier. You may also consider this response as inadequate; if so, that's because I no longer have any official standing with the PSF except by virtue of my membership.

Without getting into personalities, I would just like to confirm that if anyone's presence in any PSF-related group is likely to discourage participation by others then the definitely IS a problem. If you would like me to engage the individual concerned by email (in a purely personal capacity) I will be happy to do so off-list if you will mail me personally with the relevant contact details. I can't guarantee any specific outcome though.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the next level," but I assume you mean the PSF Board. I'd be interested to know what response you get from there, and they are really the appropriate authority to handle this matter. I imagine other members feel, like me, a little impotent to do anything specific simply because we are all individually non-authoritative.

I wrote this reply, however, simply to assure you that at least some people do regard this as a potentially serious issue. Sorry of you feel your claims were being taken too lightly. (and I have no idea what David Mertz's message had to do with the discussion, but I imagine he will be able to explain).

regards
 Steve

--
Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com / +1 571 484 6266 / +44 208 289 6308 / @holdenweb