[Python-cuba] Request for keynote speakers Cuba Conference 2016 WAS: Work Group Report for november

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 23:21:56 EST 2015

On 12/6/15, Olemis Lang <olemis at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Considering that this has already been mentioned in this context , in
> November monthly meeting some people (including Pablo and me) were
> engaged in explaining to the audience the experience we lived during
> Startup Weekend Havana 2015 . We both had other appointments and
> people to talk to . We were even approached by a reporter , etc . So
> we had little time to talk, during which he put on the table the
> subject of contacting the WG and prepare a call for speakers . I
> thought this was consistent with goal 1 in the WG charter [2]_ but I
> have not been able to see him face to face since then. Is this
> feasible/possible ?
>
> The event is sponsored by BOOT e.V. (Germany) amongst others , though
> I did not want to disclose any details before talking to Pablo
> directly ... which is in my schedule for next week as well .

Hello .

I could finally talk to Pablo today . Cuba Conference will last three
days (exact dates still TBD) in April 2016. The venue has express its
intention of been available by that time . The organizers are trying
to solve some logistics tasks and , regarding the program , they are
looking for two keynote speakers and have two open opportunities for
people to teach tutorials sessions . AFAIK official languages will be
Spanish and English . Pablo confirmed that it'd be awesome if the PSF
Python Cuba WG could help with sponsoring these activities . Python
stdlib (e.g. networking, coroutines, async, ...) , packages,
frameworks, solutions (e.g. Flask, Ansible, SQLAlchemy, ...) and/or
applications (e.g. machine learning, computer vision, enterprise
software, ...) would be good targets . There is special interest in
Django , PyPy, and Odoo .

We look forward to any collaboration that could happen in this
direction , and will appreciate all the efforts .

> .. [1]  http://bootev.org/
>
> .. [2] https://wiki.python.org/psf/PythonCubaWG/Charter

[...]

--