[PYTHON-CRYPTO] pkcs8 support in M2Crypto?

Hans Lellelid hans at VELUM.NET
Thu Jun 11 12:12:31 CEST 2009

Hi -

I was wondering if there was any plans to add pkcs8 support to the M2Crypto
libraries. -- or perhaps there is something there that I haven't found?
This could certainly be [another] case of me just not understanding how the
PKCS8 formulation relates to the input data, but what I'm trying to
replicate is turning a standard RSA openssl key into PKCS8 format.  On the
commandline I do something like this:

openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -nocrypt -in key.pem -inform PEM -out key.der -outform
PEM

(Actually, I do -outform DER, but this is not the challenging part.)

Thanks in advance!
Hans