[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Plans for next M2Crypto release

Heikki Toivonen heikki at OSAFOUNDATION.ORG
Wed Jul 30 06:46:28 CEST 2008

It turns out my ambitious plans for the next M2Crypto release didn't
really happen, and it has been about a year since the last release.
However, about 10 important issues have been fixed, including a Python
2.6 compatibility issue.

So I am thinking of making the next M2Crypto release a pretty minor one
compared to the last few releases, and release the next version pretty
much immediately after Python 2.6 comes out (just double checking that
the final 2.6 won't cause any unexpected problems).

This is a wakeup call to anyone who has submitted patches for M2Crypto
and who I have asked to provide unit tests, modify the patches etc.: if
you want your change in the next release, please respond in Bugzilla.

Btw, I am hoping the release after the soon-to-be-done release would
include all the big new features currently waiting finishing touches in
Bugzilla.

M2Crypto details as usual available at:

http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/MeTooCrypto

--