[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Encryption and Python

Ajay Brar ajay.brar at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 10 08:13:38 CET 2005

hi!

you need to define your own random function. The toolkit provides a
random function in Crypto.Util

here is an example:
>>> from Crypto.Hash import MD5
>>> from Crypto.PublicKey import RSA
>>> from Crypto.Util import randpool
>>> random=randpool.RandomPool()
>>> RSAkey=RSA.generate(384, random.get_bytes)
>>> hash=MD5.new("testing").digest()
>>> signature=RSAkey.sign(hash,"")
>>> RSAkey.verify(hash, signature)
1

you can also define your own random function. i dont know about any
demo directory, the toolkit is quite simple and straightforward and
anyways you can look at the source.

there is some code to verify a signed file at
http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~abrar1/hons/prototype_0.6/um/verify.py

hope that helps

cheers