[PYTHON-CRYPTO] set SSLVerifyClient in ZServerSSL

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at NETMEMETIC.COM
Fri Oct 15 11:29:25 CEST 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 05:41:31AM +0200, Terry Kerr wrote:
> >From by research I beleive this is due to SSLVerifyClient being set to
> 'optional' at the server.  This has obviously changed from m2crypto 0.6
> along the way somewhere, and my questions is, how do I set SSLVerifyClient
> to false in my ZServerSSL to get rid of the error?

Assuming you're on Zope 2.7, in <zope_instance>/etc/zope.conf's section for
https-server, setting x509-remote-user to off should do it.

(I think the default should rightfully be off. Because of a packaging error
on my part, Zope 2.7's ZServerSSL isn't up on the repository; when I fix
that I'll set it to off.)

If you're on Zope 2.6, the default is off, but there is no configuration,
just code. Grep z2s.py for X509_REMOTE_USER.

Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>
http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps -+- M2Crypto, ZServerSSL for Zope, Blog