[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Binary package of PyCrypto for Windows?

Adrien Plisson rien at YEEPA.ORG
Sun Jan 4 11:24:11 CET 2004

Kazuhiko Kato wrote:

> Dear PyCrypto Folks,
>
> Is there binary package of PyCrypto for Windows? I cannot "make" PyCrypto
> with my Windows PC.
>
> Error message in making PyCrypto:
>
> % python setup.py build
> running build
> running build_py
> running build_ext
> error: Python was built with version 6 of Visual Studio, and extensions need
> to be built with the same version of the compiler, but it isn't installed.
>
>     Kazuhiko Kato

If you have Visual Studio 6 installed, I think that, by default, the
command line tools for building are not included in the PATH. check this
by typing "cl" or "nmake" at a command line prompt.

--
rien