[python-crypto] Add AES to amkCrypto?

Itamar S.-T. itamarst at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 14:50:12 CET 2001

> IMHO the main problem for application and crypto lib
> developers is
> the lack of a standard API. Crypto lib developers
> are designing new
> APIs every time and application developers have to
> deal with the
> different APIs.
> => there should be a standard class library which
> abstracts from
> various algorithms and their implementation etc.

Yeah, this would be very useful. At some point I got a
Rijndael Python module working based on the twofish
python code (which BTW last I checked is broken), but
I ended up doing a lot of cut and pasting. Having some
code to base this on would have been saved time. Now
that there's the new AES code this isn't relevant
anyway, but still.

=====
Itamar Shtull-Trauring, itamar(at)shtull-trauring.org

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/1/_/22498/_/980949704/