[PYTHON-CRYPTO] SIG thoughts. [ replies to AMK ]

Bryan Mongeau bryan at EEVOLVED.COM
Thu Feb 8 23:07:31 CET 2001

> Would find_alg() return an instance or a module, though?  Perhaps you'd
> write: cipher_mod = crypto.find_alg('aes')
> encryptor = cipher_mod.new(key, ...)

I fail to see how this is any more efficient or convenient than:

[ exaggerated naming convention ]

from crypto import aes
from crypto import aesOptimizedCImplementation
from crypto import aesHardwareImplementation

No confusion here as to which implementation is being used.

> RC5, which has a variable number of rounds and even a variable word size.

Learn something new everyday... :)
--
Bryan Mongeau

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my
contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the
spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be
done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this,
how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a
part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak
of war is nothing but an act of murder."-- Einstein