[Python-compilers] Type inference and Python

Siu Kwan Lam siu at continuum.io
Wed Dec 21 14:24:45 EST 2016

Thanks for sharing.  The trick to get type promotion is interesting.  But,
it makes me wonder how you encode numpy casting rules like uint64 + int64
-> float64 if tog does not consider the signedness of int.  I found that
numpy casting rules can be weird sometimes that it needs many special cases.

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 1:58 AM serge guelton <
serge.guelton at telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:

> Hi, Python compilers enthusiasts,
>
> I recently implemented an (unsound) type inference algorithm for
> Pythran, and documented it here:
>

> http://serge-sans-paille.github.io/pythran-stories/from-pythran-import-typing.html
>
> Some of the ideas may be interesting for the community, so I'm sharing it!

Siu Kwan Lam
Software Engineer
Continuum Analytics